Feeling anxious about driving? In this post we list 40 positive driving affirmations to help keep you calm & confident.
How do you think positive while driving?
When you’re driving, it is so so important to keep a positive attitude.
That’s because your attitude affects your thoughts and your thoughts affect your driving.
So, believe it or not, if you’re feeling anxious or afraid, your driving will reflect that.
This leads you to more nerve-wrecking incidents and thus starts what seems like a never ending loop.
Bad thoughts –> bad driving –> accidents and nerve-wrecking moments –> driving anxiety –> bad thoughts.
Related: 7 Tips For Getting Over The Fear of Learning How To Drive
The good news is that this loop CAN be broken.
According to Healthline.com, “regular repetition of affirming statements about yourself can encourage your brain to take these positive affirmations as fact. When you truly believe you can do something, your actions often follow.”
This means that along with practice and patience, repeating positive driving affirmations can really make a world of a difference to your driving.
What are driving affirmations?
Driving affirmations are positive statements that you say to yourself to help keep you calm and confident while driving.
They can be about driving, or anything else that will help keep your mind calm and focused on the present moment.
The key is to find affirmations that work for you and that you can believe.
Some people prefer short phrases while others like longer sentences. And it’s perfectly okay if you need to change them up from time to time.
What matters is that you find driving affirmations that help settle your nerves and make you feel good about driving.
We’ve put together this list of 40 driving affirmations to help boost your confidence and keep you safe on the road.
You can repeat these affirmations to yourself before you start driving and whenever you’re feeling stressed out or overwhelmed on the road.
Let’s get started!
Positive Driving Affirmations
- I am a confident and competent driver
- I will not let driving anxiety control me
- I am calm, cool, and collected behind the wheel
- I am becoming a better driver every day
- I am doing my best
- It’s okay to make mistakes as long as I learn from them
- I am practicing what I was taught
- I passed my driving exam because I am qualified
- I will not let other’s people’s unhelpful comments about my driving get to me
- I will not compare myself to other drivers
- I know I can do this and I am calm
- My hands are at ten and two and I am relaxed
- I am patient and courteous to other drivers
- I remain focused on driving throughout my entire journey
- I am prepared for anything that comes my way while driving
- I remain calm and collected in stressful driving situations
- I am flexible and adaptable to changing driving conditions
- I trust my instincts and intuition while driving
- I accept that some things are beyond my control while driving
- I know how to control this vehicle and I will do so confidently
Safe Driving Affirmations
- I will get home safely
- My safety is my priority while driving
- I am confident in my ability to drive safely
- I will take my time driving and not rush
- I will drive at the speed limit and be cautious
- I will give other drivers the space they need
- I will not get angry or honk unnecessarily
- I am driving slowly and carefully
- I am aware of my surroundings and other vehicles
- I will not drive if I am tired or under the influence
- I will not take driving risks
- I will stay focused and present while driving
- I am a safe and skilled driver
- I am alert and aware of my surroundings
- I will driving defensively and be prepared for anything
- My passengers are safe with me
- I will not let anything distract me while driving
- I am in control of this car and my driving
- I will take breaks when I need them and drive when I am rested
- I am a safe driver and I will get to my destination safely
Did any of these driving affirmations resonate with you?
We hope so!
Remember, it’s important to find affirmations that work for you and that you can believe.
So, don’t hesitate to change them up if needed.
And most importantly, practice driving often and remain patient – you’ll get there in no time!
Safe driving! 🙂