This post may contain affiliate links, which means we’ll receive a commission if you purchase through our link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
This post is all about the viral Hot Wheels bouquet – a fun & easy gift idea for Hot Wheel collectors.
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably already seen (and fallen in love with) the viral Hot Wheels Bouquet (or Ramo de Hot Wheels in Spanish).
But if not, we’re happy to be the first to introduce you…
We present The Hot Wheels Bouquet – a super easy yet creative gift idea for your boyfriend, brother, dad, your favorite car girl… literally any Hot Wheels fan.
The bouquet features Hot Wheels cars (of course) instead of the flowers that you’d find in a traditional bouquet.
However, your bouquet doesn’t have to be flower-free. You can always add flowers or even candy to make it extra pretty.
This gift idea works for just about any occasion, whether it’s Valentine’s Day, a birthday, an anniversary, or even a random Tuesday afternoon.
The best part is that it’s a classy gift that’s very easy to make and WON’T break the bank. That’s a win-win!
So without further ado, let’s get started!
What You’ll Need To Make Your Hot Wheels Bouquet
Before getting your materials, first decide whether you want a wrapped OR a centerpiece bouquet since the materials required are a little different.
As you can see from the list below, making a Hot Wheels bouquet doesn’t require much — you only need a few items, some of which you probably already have at home.
- At least 1 Hot Wheels Car in the pack (feel free to add more)
- A Hot Glue Gun
- Bamboo Craft Sticks
- Real or Artificial Flowers (optional)
- Candy (optional)
- For Wrapped Bouquet
- Wrapping Paper
- For Centerpiece Bouquet
- Floral Foam
You can read more details (and some pro tips) for each item here.
How To Make A Hot Wheels Bouquet
Step 1: Attach the bamboo sticks to your Hot Wheels Packs
Use the glue gun to attach one bamboo stick to the back of each Hot Wheels car pack. The stick should be at the center of the pack so that everything looks uniform and neat.
Do the same for candy and other items if you’re adding any.
Step 2: Plan Your Bouquet
Next, you’ll want to ‘plan’ your bouquet. Using the Hot Wheel bouquet ideas in the next section for inspo, arrange your bouquet in an aesthetically pleasing way.
Lay out your flowers, candy, and cars on a flat surface to get an overview of what your bouquet is going to look like.
When you’re happy with how it looks, you’re ready for the final step.
Step 3: Put Everything Together
Once you have an idea of what you want your bouquet to look like, it’s time to put everything together.
If you’re wrapping your bouquet, first bind it together with some tape to keep it in place, then watch this video for 5 easy ways to wrap a bouquet.
On the other hand, if you’re making a table bouquet, you’ll find this video handy as it explains how to arrange everything in a floral foam base.
And that’s it!
In just 3 easy steps, you’ll have a professional-looking Hot Wheels Bouquet that looks so good, you’ll consider keeping it for yourself. XD
Hot Wheel Bouquet Ideas
Need inspo? Below are 6 of our favorite hot wheels bouquet ideas that you can try out.
1. Star Of The Show
This bouquet features only one Hot Wheels car, usually a rare one.
It’s perfect if you’re gifting a Hot Wheels collector a car they’ve been wanting for a long time.
The traditional Hot Wheels bouquet features a healthy mix of both flowers and Hot Wheels.
You can’t go wrong with this one.
The monochrome bouquet uses Hot Wheels cars (and other elements like flowers, candy, etc) all within the same color scheme.
This creates a visually striking and cohesive look.
4. Hot Wheels & Sweet Treats
This bouquet combines the thrill of Hot Wheels with the delight of candy and other snacks.
It’s perfect for recipients of all ages, adding a playful and sweet touch.
5. Flower Focused
While Hot Wheels are still a key component, real or artificial flowers take center stage in this bouquet, creating a more traditional floral arrangement with a unique twist.
6. Hot Wheels Only
This bouquet is made exclusively of Hot Wheels cars, showcasing an array of models, colors, and designs.
It’s a dream come true for die-hard collectors and enthusiasts, focusing purely on the joy of Hot Wheels.
More On The Materials
Hot Wheels Car Packs
Hot Wheels cars are known to be very affordable, starting from as low as $3.97 to just under $16 for rare ones.
You can find lots of options on the Hot Wheels Amazon store.
- Purchasing cars in their packaging is crucial. The package provides a solid base to attach the bamboo sticks securely with your glue gun, ensuring the cars stay in place within the bouquet.
- When choosing Hot Wheels cars, think carefully about the preferences of the person you’ll be giving it to. Consider their favorite car model, favorite colors, and even their favorite movies, TV shows, and holidays (Hot Wheel often does themed cars like this one based on the 2023 Barbie movie). This personal touch can make your bouquet even more special.
This is the best hot glue gun deal we’ve seen so far. It’s under $10 and comes with 30 glue sticks which is more than enough for this project and lots of others.
It also has all sorts of safety features including an on/off power switch and our favorite — a metal safety stand. (If you’ve ever got burnt using a hot glue gun, you know that this is a game changer!)
Whether you’re making a wrapped or centerpiece bouquet, these craft sticks are a must-have. You won’t be able to display your cars without them, which is the whole point of the bouquet.
Any craft sticks should work, but we recommend these bamboo sticks because they’re extra sturdy and resistant to splintering.
- Choose sticks that are sturdy enough to hold the cars without bending. The length of the sticks can vary depending on the desired height of your bouquet, but they should be long enough to provide stability and visibility for the cars within the arrangement.
- You can always trim the sticks to different lengths to create a tiered effect for your bouquet, adding depth and visual interest.
Real or Artificial Flowers (Optional)
If the recipient isn’t a flower person, feel free to leave this out completely. However, flowers can add a nice touch and will make your bouquet more stunning.
The most common flower types used in Hot Wheel bouquets are roses and baby’s breath, but you can always use the favorite flower of the person you’ll be given the bouquet to.
- If flowers aren’t the focus of your bouquet, choose high-quality artificial flowers, to save some $$$.
- Select flowers that complement the colors of the Hot Wheels cars for a cohesive look. This can enhance the visual appeal of your bouquet.
- Intersperse flowers evenly among the cars to create a balanced arrangement
Adding candy to the bouquet can provide a delightful surprise element.
- Choose the recipient’s favorite sweets
- Consider using candy with wrapping that matches your flowers or cars to maintain the visual appeal of the bouquet.
- If the weather’s very warm, avoid candy that melts easily like chocolate and gummies to avoid making a sticky mess. If candy is a must, consider giving your candy separately to save your bouquet.
Bouquet Wrapping Paper and Ribbon (For Wrapped Bouquet)
If you opt for a traditional bouquet wrap with paper and ribbon select colors and materials that tie the entire bouquet together and reflect the recipient’s personality or the occasion.
Use tape to bind your bouquet before wrapping. This will make the wrapping process a lot easier.
This is clear floral tape which will keep your wrapped bouquet looking neat and professional.
Floral Foam (For Center Piece Bouquet)
- If using floral foam, ensure it is securely placed within a container or base like a cute vase. This will keep your arrangement stable and allow for easy display.
- Feel free to cut the foam to a size that fits comfortably in your vase
Where To Buy A Hot Wheels Bouquet
If you’re short on time, you can always buy a Hot Wheels Bouquet online.
This Etsy shop makes some beautiful ones for just about $13 before shipping.